Heartgard Plus Chewables for Dogs Up to 25 lbs (Blue Box)
HEARTGARD® Plus (ivermectin/pyrantel) is a monthly chewable given to your dog that’s formulated to kill heartworms as well as help treat and control hookworms. An infected mosquito that bites your dog can potentially lead to permanent damage in less than three months. That’s why it’s important to keep your dog on a monthly heartworm preventative year-round. Before treating your dog, make sure they have a current annual heartworm test result on file with your vet. HEARTGARD Plus is safe to use in all dogs aged 6 weeks and older regardless of weight. Regular dosing is recommended by the American Heartworm Society as an easy way to protect your dog throughout the year. Don’t forget, it’s important to talk to your veterinarian about any other drugs your pet is taking before starting HEARTGARD Plus.
How To Use:
- Give Heartgard Plus Chewables once a month on the same day of each month year round.
- Heartgard Plus Chewables are for dogs only. Do not give to cats.
- Heartgard Plus Chewables should not be swallowed whole.
- Chewables may be broken and fed to dogs as pieces, or crumbled and mixed with food.
- Watch your dog closely following dosing to be sure the entire dose has been swallowed. If it is not completely swallowed, give one more full recommended dose as soon as possible.
|Dog Weight||Chewables per Month||Ivermectin Content||Pyrantel Content||Color Coding on
Foil Backing & Carton
|Up to 25 lb||1||68 mcg||57 mg||Blue|
|26 to 50 lb||1||136 mcg||114 mg||Green|
|51 to 100 lb||1||272 mcg||227 mg||Brown|
Keep away from children and animals. HEARTGARD® Plus (ivermectin/pyrantel) is well tolerated. All dogs should be tested for heartworm infection before starting a preventive program. Following the use of HEARTGARD Plus, digestive and neurological side effects have rarely been reported.